Woodland owners across the U.S. benefit when they are able to access timely and relevant information about sustainable forest management and legacy. The mission of the National Woodland Owners Association is to use unbiased, research-based, objective and factual information to inform, educate and advocate for woodland owners, forest managers, natural resource agencies, media professionals, cooperating organizations, the general public, and policy makers to ensure a sustainable managed forest resource in the United States. NWOA serves as a focal point while maintaining independence from industry or government agencies.
One of the biggest benefits to membership is receiving the full-color, quarterly National Woodlands magazine featuring:
- Articles on current family forestry issues like wildlife, regulation, invasive species, wildfire, and forest health;
- Late breaking news from Washington DC and state capitals;
- Federal timber tax and economics;
- State, regional, national and international forest products markets;
- Member articles and letters penned by other woodland owners willing to share ideas and practices that work;
- Science and research news from the U.S. Forest Service, National Association of Conservation Districts, National Association of State Foresters, and others;
- National Historic Lookout Register;
- NWOA News.
Other membership benefits include:
- Members can exercise their option to purchase the top rated Woodland Liability and Hunting Lease Liability insurance plans at sizable discounts.
- Receive a discounted annual subscriptions to American Forests magazine.
- Become a part of a nationwide association organized and run by family forest landowners that is affiliated with 42 state landowner associations.
- Active representation in Washington, D.C. on matters of Forest Policy, Taxation, Land Use, Biomass , Carbon, Ecosystem Services, Fair Markets, and More.
Membership Levels and Benefits
1-Year or 2-Year Sustaining Membership levels includes a full year of four, quarterly issues of National Woodlands magazine; access to the top rated Woodland Liability and Hunting Lease Liability insurance plans; and benefit from NWOA’s active representation in Washington, D.C. Sustaining members add that extra funding making it possible for us to do more to support you! Sustaining Membership fees are $45 for one year or $80 for two years. Adding the optional discounted subscription to American Forests Magazine only costs an additional $10 for one year, or $20 for two years.
1-Year or 2-Year Basic Membership levels include a full year of four, quarterly issues of National Woodlands magazine; access to the top rated Woodland Liability and Hunting Lease Liability insurance plans; and benefit from NWOA’s active representation in Washington, D.C. Basic Membership fees are $35 for one year or $60 for two years. Adding the optional discounted subscription to American Forests Magazine only costs an additional $10 for one year, or $20 for two years.
- Complete your membership on our website and pay with your major credit card through our secure PayPal account. This is the fastest method and requires an email address, assigning yourself a user name and a simple password.
- Print a copy of our membership application and mail it to our office with a check payable to National Woodland Owners Assn (NWOA).*
- Call our office to request a private email invoice that you may pay online or by US mail.* Call 703-255-2700, M-F, 9AM to 4PM (eastern time zone).
*Note to meet the highest standards of credit card security, NWOA no longer accepts credit card information over the phone.